Enable voting on blog photographs

InLinkz features a voting system for thumbnails. Users submit their images and then the readers are able to vote on their favorite. Read more to see how to enable voting on blog photographs.

For now, to make this option available you must send an email to info[at]inlinkz.com just to tell us you want it so we can enable it for you!!!! (It is FREE of-course!).

1.  You create a collection as usual.

voting on blog photographs

Figure 1.

2.  In order to enable voting, check the appropriate selection.

The voting will start as soon as the submissions stop. Now, submissions stop when voting starts (1) and the voting finishes at (2).
Everything else remains the same as in a non-voting collection.

voting on blog photographs

Figure 2.

3. Notifying the submitters.

When the vote starts, you can even grab a file with all the submitters emails in it so you can let them know the contest has begun. (So they can inform in turn their relatives and family to vote for them.) 🙂

voting on blog photographs

Figure 3.

4. From the users’ side.

This is what it shows before voting starts

voting on blog photographs

Figure 4.

This is how it is displayed while voting

voting on blog photographs

Figure 5.

You can click on the “heart” symbol in order to cast your vote.    2015-10-26_10h58_58

And this after voting ends.

voting on blog photographs

Figure 6.

Before voting starts, nothing tells the readers (except yourself) that the collection is going to be one with voting (Figure 4). Readers add links as usual.

When the time comes, submitting more links is not possible and a heart appears on the right top of each link (Figure 5) (except the ones that the users have entered! No one should vote for his own submissions). If the user clicks on it, then it automatically reloads and displays the number of votes each link has received. The number of votes is not visible prior to casting the vote so as not to bias the selection.

At (Figure 6), the voting has ended and the links are now sorted by number of votes they received (The winner is first).

Now you can even go and announce the winner by choosing “draw winner” from your dashboard.

Found this article useful? Share it now! Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Facebook
Email this to someone
This entry was posted in Features, LinkUp and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Enable voting on blog photographs

1. Heather T says:

I was so excited to see that you have a voting feature on the linking system, but couldn’t figure out how to make it work on my first try (last Friday)…

So glad that you’ve posted this. May I have your permission for linking votes in my future needs?

• admin says:

You’re on!

Enjoy and please do drop me an email with your feedback! I am counting on your usage scenarios to find more efficient and user-friendly ways to do things!

Cheers!

2. I just love inlinkz! I think the new voting feature will be a great addition! So glad you have added it.

3. ~Jeri M~ says:

Can you tell me if a person will be able to vote more than once with this option?

For example, my friends card is submitted and I want her to win so i want to click on it 100 times, is that possible? or is there a way to limit the votes per computer or ip address?

I love the voting concept but love being fair also.

Thanks!

• admin says:

All votes are logged with their IP on the database. These records are only erased a week after the voting has closed. So, you won’t be able to vote for your friend more than once from each ip you manage to find 🙂

There will be an option soon for more than one votes from each ip… so you will get to pick e.g. your three favorites but not three times the same and not more than three.

These will soon be available too.

Hope to have clarified the issue a bit!

Cheers!

4. Tonya says:

The “enable vote on photos” checkbox isn’t showing in my dashboard. Please help!

• admin says:

Hi Tonya,

voting is available on a need-to-have basis. Users have to send an email to info [at] inlinkz.com to just let us know they need it.
      I assume your comment is such a request and now the voting feature is available to you 🙂

Cheers!

5. Pingback: Ordering of links - The InLinkz blog

6. Jaya says:

Hi, can you please enable Voting for me? I need this so that the Challenge winner can be selected by votes. Thanks 🙂

And this article is very useful. Thanks.

• admin says:

Hi Jaya!

Voting is enabled by default! Just click the appropriate checkbox when you create the thumbnail collection.

7. Can I create my own photos (so they are not submitted by others) and then have readers vote for those pictures. Like if I want my readers to vote on which hairstyle they like best, I post 5 different styles and the readers vote.

Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

• admin says:

Of course you can!. Just create a collection, go to your dashboard and click preview. There, you are able to add as many links as you like without exposing the collection to your public. Then set the voting time in the past and add the collection to your post. Your users will be able to vote but not add links! Remember to create a voting collection!aa

8. Georganne says:

Is there any way that voting can be concurrent with open submissions? I would like my visitors to be able to start voting as soon as their are submissions and continue voting a week after the collection is closed. Is that at all possible?

• admin says:

It is actually added within a couple of weeks max. You will be able to freely choose dates for voting start/end and link submissions start/end without any constraints

9. Rhonda says:

Hi,

I love your link for WP! I have been searching for a long time.

Do you have the photo voting for Word Press too?

I’m not technical, I need some guidance am I missing something or not reading it correctly?

TIA,