Planning a Blog Party:
Find theme – or find more than one & note the rest for future use
- Depends on your blog content.
- Neither too vague, nor too difficult for entrants to capture.
- Notify their following.
- Promise to visit & leave a comment on other participants blogs too.
- Follow you on your social media accounts.
- Agree to be notified about subsequent linkups.
- Put a banner on their own blog that they are partying here.
- Plan ahead.
- Have a specific strategy for your LinkUp.
- Put yourself in your readers’ shoes.
- Watch the traffic statistics.
- Plan ahead.
Create the blogpost
- Create your button if any.
- Experiment in another blog (blogger, wordpress.com, typepad).
- Play with linkup widget – at least if you are new to this.
- Make sure the code of the post is correct before adding a widget.
- Don’t just put the linkup code. Place rules and description in your blog post so search engines can crawl it.
- Do you want notification emails?
- Set Inlinkz to send you an e-mail, every time someone enters a link.
Announce linkup to twitter, facebook & google plus
- Time your announcements.
- Schedule posts, emails and tweets.
- Mention start – end dates & theme (roughly at least, so people have time to prepare their posts, if needed).
- Ask people to retweet, spread the word.
- Email your mailing list subscribers about the upcoming linkup.
- Say “thank you” to entrants’ blogs – Use the notification email to save clicks.
- Retweet your entrants’ tweets, like their posts.
- Notify people about a day before party closing time – with a sense of urgency. NOT only a few hours before the close.
- Be a good host.
Ending – after the blog party
- Create new list from emails.
- Send thank you.
- Merge list with original.
- Spend the rest of the day just browsing!
- Have some time for yourself!